Thursday, October 15, 2015

SKIN CARE : My Acnetrex Medication

So this is basically about my personal experience on taking Isotretinoin Acnetrex Anti-acne medication.

This is how the box and the packaging looks like. I wasn't able to take a picture of the actual pill since I stopped using it for now.



Exact price in Mercury Drug is P 1,508.75


A LITTLE HISTORY ABOUT MY FACE AND MY ACNE BEFORE TAKING THIS:

My face started to be oily when I was in 4th grade. (Currently, I am a 3rd year college student, 19 years old). And I started touching my face, particularly my nose every freaking time. Like it was already my hobby. And this is because of the tiny particles that I tend to feel whenever I touch my nose. I started removing this "tiny particles" without knowing that this would cause the proliferation of my cystic acne. I remove these "particles" which by now, I think are whiteheads/backheads back then, with the use of my fingernails. Since then, from 4th grade until 1st year college, my face was full of cystic acne. Hence this popular saying in the Philippines, "Tigyawat na tinubuan ng mukha." Well mine's "Tigyawat na tinubuan ng ilong". Because of my acne, I lost confidence and I think lack of confidence completely ate up all of me that I forgot how to be happy and enjoy my life in high school. Well, this is of course I do not have any confidence in talking to people. I wasn't really the "outcast" but I dont usually go out during my hs days because I'm shy of my face. 

I went to different dermatologists, I also get facials, have my cystic acne be injected with some kind of medicine that would lessen its redness and would help it to shrink faster, I even had like 2 or 3 sessions of Facial Laser. All of these still didn't stop my acne that I started to lose hope and accepted the fact that I will forever be the super acne girl for the rest of my life (still can remember these days and still feel the feels okay). But then...

HERE COMES MY LIFE SAVER!!!! (well, not really)

A family friend told us about this certain dermatologist in Makati and I told my mom that I want to try this certain derma, because hell yeah! My face is already ugly and damaged, what will I lose if it will work or not? So the derma took a look at my acne and he said that having pimples are normal blah blah... ofcourse same old same lines (Haha!) So my first treatment there was having my pimples to be pricked. It is not called "facial" because I know facials are done mostly by nurses or assistants in a dermatological clin. But a treatment is different. The dermatologist is the only person allowed to have it done. The pricking was the most painful thing in my life. Maybe if I were to give birth, having my pimples pricked would be the 2nd most painful. Also, I had Glycolic Peel. Which is the next painful thing after the pricking. Because it stings, it's itchy and excruciating pain would really be felt once it is applied. After this treatment, another painful 5 days of peeling will occur. The peeling part was not really painful though, what I meant was it's really uncomfortable walking outside with your face peeling like you are a freaking snake. At first I thought that this treatment would just be another normal, painful treatment that would not control my acne. It did control my oily face and somehow my pimples, but still acne kept on attacking and residing on my face, particularly my nose. 

OKAY THE REAL LIFE SAVER...

ACNETREX / ISOTRETINOIN
A box of Acnetrex contains 3 strips with 10 tablets each. My dermatologist's medication for me was taking 2 tablets a day. So basically, one box would last for half a month / 15 days.

 I started taking Acnetrex in 2012 but the effects started to show after finishing 1 box and a half. As far as I can remember, I had to finish 12-16 boxes during my first session (I'm not sure if session is the right word but yeah). 16 boxes means I took it for 8 months. Also, while I'm taking this tablet, I had to go back to my dermatologist every 2 weeks to have my glycolic peel, so that my acne would really be controlled. Every 2 months, my dermatologist would ask me to have my liver function be checked. Because as you all know, the liver is the organ of "FIRST PASS" therefore it should be checked regularly to know if the drug I'm taking is stressing or affecting my liver. 

About ACNETREX,
So along with the box the indicationsstated that Isotretinoin is a retinoid for systemic treatment of acne. It is indicated for severe forms of cystic acne.

After a month or two, I stopped having glycolic peels because the acnetrex literally stopped my face from being oily and I think what it does is it kills and inhibits my sebaceous glands to produce sebum/oil. That is how strong this drug is. That is why this is not just an over the counter drug and it should have a doctor's prescrption. I was so glad because it was my first time not to have an oily face, although my skin went literally dry all over my body (but is not literally flaking) and my lips were always chapped. Also the thing is, just after 2 months my face was super clear. Even my pimple marks were gone, no cystic acne, black heads, white heads you name it, it did not appear. I had a flawless face while I was taking this. 

This blog post is too long already and I don't even know if someone would care to read this but if you have plans of taking Acnetrex and if you are already under this medication, tell me if you want me to continue telling my story about my experience in taking this drug.

CIAO!
HAVEAMUSTACHEPARTY 

48 comments:

  1. Hello! I am currently taking Acnetrex and searching for reviews on the product. I just wanna thank you for sharing your experience with it. I'm only on my 3rd day so no effects to see yet haha. Good to know it worked on you. Hoping it does its magic on me *fingers crossed*. Again, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I am currently taking Acnetrex and searching for reviews on the product. I just wanna thank you for sharing your experience with it. I'm only on my 3rd day so no effects to see yet haha. Good to know it worked on you. Hoping it does its magic on me *fingers crossed*. Again, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. Can i buy it without doctors prescription?

      Delete
    2. Hello. Can i buy it without doctors prescription?

      Delete
    3. there is several drugstores that you can buy acnetrex w/out Doctors prescription, try to go to "Manson Drgustore or South Star Drug Store" . I hope this would help a lot! :)

      Delete
    4. You’re not allowed to take this medication without consulting a doctor/dermatologist first it is a must to go and ask first.As this is a prescription drug and you need to have all your blood and liver tests done first before you are even allowed to take this because of uts precautionary measures.You need to undergo tests first to make sure that you’re allowed to have this medication.Please please dont self medicate see a doctor first or you’ll incur more harm than good.

      Delete
    5. Acnetrex/Isotretinoin is not considered as an over the counter meds. Better if you have SGOT/SGPT tested first to make sure your liver is in good condition. (Ofcourse, with a doctor's prescription/request)

      Delete
    6. In addition, there's extra precaution for women who's planning to take it since it can cause teratogenic effects on a forming fetus. So might as well, check your doctor first. I am a nurse and we, nurses are not allowed to prescribe such medication. Your license might be revoked if you continue to let people use it without consulting a dermatologist or a physician.

      Delete
    7. how much to go to the dermatologist ?

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your story about using acnetrex. Btw I'm on my third day. I hope you'll continue to post your experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, im using acnetrex also, im on my 2nd box na. 2 times a day din ko sya iinumin. kaso as per my doctor, next month 1 tablet nlng daw ung iinumin ko. then next month is every other day. Di din sya nag advice about the liver check up. Anyways, ask ko nlng sya.

    I just wanna ask, sa glycolic peeling treatment mo, no horrible side effects?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this blog. I did a lot of research how to get rid of my acne scars.I also did a lot of treatments and medication. I will try this meds. I hope it works to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where to buy po ng acnetrex sa pilipinas? My nephew have acne and we can't find where to buy. May dermatologist siya pero laki na ng nagastos sa mga product na ibinibigay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi mam I’m selling po Isotretinoin (seller and user po ako) and proven and tested ko po na effective siya so far wala naman side effects sa mga body organs ko follow po my page acne.org byglutastation

      Delete
    2. Hi po.ano po name nyo sa fb.interesado po ako bumile tnx po

      Delete
    3. Name nyo po sa fb.interested buyer po

      Delete
    4. Panu po mg order??? Pa order po ako

      Delete
    5. Hi anong easiest way pwede kayo macontact?

      Delete
  8. Hello, where is your clinic at Makati? Quite near in our place, paCheck up din sana ako :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi mam I’m selling po Isotretinoin (seller and user po ako) and makaka testify po ako na effective siya and worth to try so far po last 3 years ako gumamit at until ngaun ok nman liver function test ko at wala pong ibang side effect akong naramdaman..nurse po kasi ako and alam ko naman po ini-inum ko.. follow po my page sa fb acne.org by glutastation

      Delete
    2. I didn't know that nurses can now prescribe this type of medicine. Akala ko doctor lang pwede magprescrive ng medicine and 1 thing this medicine should be taken by precaution. Also, doctors will ask you to sign a waver to inform you about the possible effect of the drug specially for women.

      Delete
  9. Hi whos your derma in Makati? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will try this as soon as I can totally afford it. Taking this med is so risky and bit pricey, so better sure that none of the other body organs will suffer, thus creating new problem. Thanks for this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Effective tlga sya 1month ko start ginamit nag hell pimples ko..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nag labasan po ba yung mga pimples mo?

      Delete
    2. Pwede po ba bumili nyan kahit walang prescription ng doctor?

      Delete
  12. thanks for sharing ur story... its my 5th day of using acnetrx,hope that i would work for me..na e stress na kc ako sa pimples ko,namimis ko na din kc ung dating face ko.... i used goree cream kc ,7 months ko syang gamit,ok naman pero nung march napansin ko may mga tumutubing maliliit na butlig butlig,then pumunta ako agad sa bioessence para maagapan, sabi nila maging ok after 5 session of oxygen facial,but sad to say ndi nag effect saken,and it worsen kaya i decided to consult my dermatologist.... well hoping for the best result

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used also goree cream, almost a year din. Same effect ung sayo at sa akin. May mga maliliit na tumubo. Whiteheads and blackheads. Then nagka-pimples na rin ako. 😔 effective ba ang acnetrex sayo? Coz im planning to take that med too.

      Delete
  13. Hi. Im taking this acnetrex for almost 5 days i think. And suddenly sa ngayon wala pa naman akong nakikitang pagbabago. Normal ba na magbreakouts? Recently kasi may natubo sakin mailan ilan pero cystic siya. Mga ilang box pa kaya ang magagamit ko bago makita yung result. Frustated na kasi ako sobra. Thank you. Thank you sa magandang review. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Acne gets worse during the first few weeks po. Normal po yan.

      Delete
  14. Hi. Im taking acnetrex for almost 1month and 6days.

    Nung mga 2weeks ko na sya ginagamit madaming lubamas sakin na whiteheads as in buong face ko.
    Peri ngayin wala na.
    Kya lang may pumalit na mga cystic acne ok lng ba yun?
    Ksi hndi nmn ako nagpaprescription sa dermatologist
    Nkita ko lng ksi yung dati kong classmate maganda na face nya then i ask her kung what ginamit nya sabi nya isotretinoin nga daw recommended ng derma.
    Ang ginawa ko nmn nag hanap ako sa drugstore ng isotretinoin then ito yung bnigay sakin yung acnetrex.
    So far maganda result nya.
    Kya lng bka mejo may mga ilan ilan na cystic acne tumutubo.
    Pagpapagaling na yung isa mat 2 o 3 pumapalit. It is ok?

    Thank you for sharing your story.
    I hope na mabasa mo to. 😊
    And any suggestion or advice.
    Salamat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! What drugstore did you buy acnetrex without prescription? Thank you

      Delete
  15. Meon po sa mercury drugs at mgknu??

    ReplyDelete
  16. I been taking acnetrex for 9 days not knowing I'm pregnant. I start taking the med with out a doctor prescription. So worried right now after I read some bad effect in pregnant women.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi gustong gusto ko sana bumuli without percription of doctor sobrang nakaka loose na talaga ng confidence pero natatakot ako pag nag takr na ako ng acnetrex baka kasi my side effects

    ReplyDelete
  18. Curious ako sa effect sana available to sa mercury without prescription :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. Please go to a dermatologist first. Im also taking this. The derma explained all the side effects and risks associated with acnetrex, which helped me decide whether to take this or not. The derma also decides what dosage is proper for your body type and severity of your acne. You can't calculate that on your own.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope I can afford to see a derma too but unfortunately not, we don't have enough money for a derma and for a medicines, I'm having depression because of my face and I really feel bad about it, I just have to overcome this day by day because I know that we couldn't afdord to see a doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  21. 6 years na akong tagyawatin , minsan iniisip ko nalang na nasa dugo na talaga namin
    ang hirap makisalamuha sa mga tao sobra
    Sana maging okay ang acnetrex sakin
    kaso di ko naman po kaya yung price 😭

    ReplyDelete
  22. "Tagyawat na tinubuan ng mukha" thats me 🤷‍♂️

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi! My dermatologist also prescribed Acnetrex and for those who are asking, it's normal na lumabas yung pimples nyo sa first few weeks (it's called purging process). Yung 1 box nya, it's around 1500 pesos. 1 box contains 30 tablets and it's up to your dermatologist kung ilang tablets per day ang iaadvise niya. You cannot buy Acnetrex over the counter. The tablet is too strong kaya required na mag-seek muna sa doctors. For some people, hindi siya iaadvise, especially for pregnant women,kaya you have to know first if the medicine is safe (in some instances, kailangan muna mag draw ng blood sample) Around 500-700 ang rate ng dermatologists per session, aside from that, baka magbigay din sila ng skin care products na dapat nyo i-purchase. On my first visit, around 9k yung nagastos ko because I had to buy new cleanser, moisturiser, sunscreen, and 3 boxes of Acnetrex (good for a month) Truth be told, Some skin care products may not work on your skin, i don't think it's safe to trust testimonials from YouTubers or so-called content creators. You should consult a dermatologist first. You can buy the products some other time or pa konti-konti muna depending on your budget. Hope this helps 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  24. suppliers of metal - The Argonaut Journal
    The Argonaut titanium trim as seen on tv Journal, published in 1978, suunto 9 baro titanium reports that it has conducted experiments in the fields of mechanical engineering for titanium hair trimmer a long time. The t fal titanium pan Argonaut Journal was titanium curling wand

    ReplyDelete